Current Status: Limited to publishers I already have connections with
A note to self-published writers:
I am only considering self-published works by writers I know in some way (eg. we follow each other on Twitter or we hung out at an event) or whose writing I have enjoyed previously. Please respect my wishes and don't hassle me or expect me to make exceptions for you.
Things I wantThought-provoking science fiction
Character driven stories
SFF from black, Asian and minority ethnicity writers
Intelligent contemporary young adult
High fantasy YA (or unique urban fantasy idea)
New books in trilogies and series I have already started (and given at least 4 stars to)
Unusual aspects of history (either novel or narrative non-fiction)
20th century historical fiction
Food (fiction and non-fiction or actual food if you really want to send it)
Sloths (I can dream)
Scully can also review dog stuff!If you'd like to send my adorable Labrador puppy something, we will share it on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and maybe the blog.
Tough toys, interactive toys, natural treats or subscription boxes.
I'll also be open to books on training and behaviour (but only positive reinforcement based).
Things I don't wantGrimdark, space operas, action-based, mid-series books unless I am reading the series already, crime fiction, unjustified rape scenes, anti-heroes, domestic thrillers, religious preaching or overly long books.
If what you want to send me isn't listed above, please look at my blog and see what kind of things I've been reading and liking recently.
- My reviews are just my opinion, just because I don't like a book doesn't mean it's a bad book.
- Sending me a book does not guarantee a review.
- My reviews are always honest, I will never exchange a promise of a positive review for a free book.
- My ratings mirror those on Goodreads, not Amazon (ie. I don't have a hate and a dislike).
- I cannot read on demand, so please don't approach me for a review if you need it by a specific time.
- I prefer to read series in order. If you would like me to review an urban fantasy series I am not already reading, please offer me book one.
- I will not consider Christian fiction, misery memoirs, sagas, erotica, ghost-written memoirs, romance, crime fiction or thrillers.
- Formats: Paper preferred, then .mobi. I can accept short ebooks in ePUB or PDF format. I am not able to review audio books, sorry! I will however review book apps for iPad or iPhone where the content is more than just an ebook.
I do not tolerate harassment in any form directed towards myself or my followers. If you engage in such behaviour, it will be reported to your publisher and an abuse notification submitted against whichever platform you are using to harass. This includes reviews reposted to Goodreads and Amazon and the use of other social media to spread bad will. I will not accept requests from anyone known to abuse reviewers for stating an honest opinion. If you do not feel you can be courteous in the event of a negative review, please do not submit your book.
Please use my contact me form to get in touch.
- Guest posts should be relevant, interesting and unique. There's nothing worse than being provided content that is on ten other blogs. The exception to this rule is for extracts.
- Posts must be provided in unformatted text with any images provided in PNG/JPEG format.
- Posts should be no longer than 1000 words, around 600 is ideal.
- I retain the right to decline a guest post if I find it offensive or badly written.
- You will receive a small plug for your book/website/social media.
- Photography, poetry and recipes also considered.
- I cannot guarantee a review for a blog tour however I am often happy to take part in some way.
- Please make sure the book is relevant to the readers of my blog.
- If you are including a giveaway, please make it available to UK residents.
- You must provide a public schedule and confirm dates with me in advance.
- If you send me a copy of the book and I hear nothing else, I will not take part.