Current Status: Maybe
Updated 09/02/2021: I am mostly just blogging about books I own. Due to limited free time I will only consider review requests for books already on my 2021 wishlist.
I may consider books to feature on my Instagram (non-review format). I am also interested in more author Q+As, so if you can answer a few questions, get in touch!
Things I want
Thought-provoking science fiction
SFF from black, Asian and minority ethnicity writers
Translated science fiction
Feel good contemporary stories
New books in trilogies and series I have already started
Unusual aspects of history (either novel or narrative non-fiction)
20th century historical fiction
Food (fiction and non-fiction or actual food if you really want to send it)
Scully can also review dog stuff!
If you’d like to send my adorable Labrador something, we will share it on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and the blog.
Things I don’t want
Grimdark, military SF, mid-series books unless I am reading the series already, crime fiction not on my wishlist, unjustified rape scenes, domestic thrillers, religious preaching or overly long books.
- My reviews are just my opinion, just because I don’t like a book doesn’t mean it’s a bad book.
- Sending me a book does not guarantee a review.
- My reviews are always honest, I will never exchange a promise of a positive review for a free book.
- My ratings mirror those on Goodreads: Didn’t like, OK, liked, really liked, loved.
- I don’t review books I don’t finish, but I may mention them in my weekly updates.
- I cannot read on demand, so please don’t approach me for a review if you need it by a specific time.
I do not tolerate harassment in any form directed towards myself or my followers. If you engage in such behaviour, it will be reported to your publisher and an abuse notification submitted against whichever platform you are using to harass. This includes reviews reposted to Goodreads and Amazon and the use of other social media to spread bad will. I will not accept requests from anyone known to abuse reviewers for stating an honest opinion. If you do not feel you can be courteous in the event of a negative review, please do not submit your book.
Please use my contact me form to get in touch.
- Guest posts should be relevant, interesting and unique.
- Posts must be provided in unformatted text with any images provided in PNG/JPEG format.
- I retain the right to decline a guest post if I find it offensive or badly written.
- You will receive a small plug for your book/website/social media.
- I cannot guarantee a review for a blog tour however I am often happy to take part in some way.
- Please make sure the book is relevant to my interests.
- If you are including a giveaway, please make it available to UK residents.
- You must provide a public schedule and confirm dates with me in advance.