May, you have been so hot! Now we are growing vegetables, we really notice when it doesn’t rain and it’s been super dry these last few months. If it can rain at night and be sunny in the day, that would be super. Thanks weather!
If you haven’t heard I’m taking over Ninja Book Swap from Bex, who is stepping aside to spend more time on her subscription box business. Please re-follow @NinjaBookSwap to keep updated and the next swap will be in October (sign ups in September).
June is holiday month! Since we’ve got Scully now we’re going up to the Lake District and then visiting my parents in the Scottish Borders. The blog will be a little quiet, but I have a few things scheduled to keep it ticking over. Follow me on Instagram for Scully on Tour photos!
3. Read a book about books: Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine
4. Read a book set in Central or South America, written by a Central or South American author: Down the Rabbit Hole* by Juan Pablo Villalobos
5. Read a book by an immigrant or with a central immigration narrative: American Street by Ibi Zoboi
18. Read a superhero comic with a female lead: Ms Marvel
21. Read a book published by a micropress: The Little Homo Sapiens Scientist by S.L. Huang (The Book Smugglers)
Retelling with an LGBTQIA+ Main Character: The Little Homo Sapiens Scientist by S.L. Huang
Book Set in Central America: Down the Rabbit Hole* by Juan Pablo Villalobos
Immigrant/Refugee Main Character: American Street by Ibi Zoboi
*There is some debate on whether or not Mexico is North or Central America. However I think it is still in the spirit of the challenge to include it (if I read anything else less ambiguous, I will update).
Here’s what made it onto the blog…
The Names they Gave Us by Emery Lord
Read and awaiting review:
Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire
Gather the Daughters by Jennie Melamed
Geekerella by Ashley Poston
Subscribe via Email
I hadn't heard of The Conductors before, it sounds fantastic. #delreyshowcase is talking about the sequel now.Follow
Three words to describe The Last Graduate from Naomi... "don't hate me" 😱Follow