It happens to the best of us, a pang of jealousy that everyone else seems to have got a copy of the next big thing before you. Have a moment of envy and then remember these ten things:
1. You won’t feel any pressure to read it quickly
2. You can support the author by buying a copy
3. You can support a bookshop by buying a copy there
4. You can support your local library by borrowing it
5. People will have read it before you and can discuss the ending with you
6. You won’t make other people feel jealous that they can’t read it already
7. If you do review it, people can go out and buy it straight away
8. You don’t have to struggle through weird formatting or loads of typos
9. If you don’t like it, no one needs to know
10. You aren’t faced with the dilemma of what to do with it if you don’t want to keep it
How do you cope with the green-eyed monster? Or does ARC envy pass you by?
Disclaimer: I know some people buy the final book after reading an ARC, but there is less incentive.
Subscribe via Email
One step closer to making Jurassic Park a reality... Well, Pleistocene Park at least! https://t.co/oDBTpAKTPrFollow