+ International Giveaway
June has been sweltering, it’s like being on holiday apart from the being in work part. I’ve been swimming in the sea, gone strawberry picking and made progress on the front garden which now looks less like a parking space and more like a garden. My reading volume has been helped loads by listening to audiobooks on the commute since I haven’t really been sat around reading at the weekends.
I can’t decide whether or not to do 24 in 48 in July. I might wait and see what the weather is like… although I may be fed up of the sun by then anyway!
Here’s what made it onto the blog…
Book of the Month:
A Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir
Look at all that progress on Popsugar! No movement on the other challenges though, I could probably have slotted in some for SFvsFBingo but I’ve been really crap about thinking of it. The Goodreads group for Popsugar is really helping my motivation and accountability!
4. A book involving a heist: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
16. A book about mental health: Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
21. A book with your favorite color in the title: Red Clocks by Leni Zumas
31. A book mentioned in another book: A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller Jr.
36. A book set in the decade you were born: Paper Girls volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan, Cliff Chiang + Matt Wilson
40. Your favorite prompt from the 2015 2016, or 2017 POPSUGAR Reading Challenges: Based on a Fairytale: The Surface Breaks by Louise O’Neill
Read Harder (13/24)
Science Fiction vs Fantasy Bingo (9/25)
Beat the Backlist: 27/30
What I Have Watched
I don’t know why I haven’t been hearing much about Westworld on social media but the second season has been excellent. I especially liked the episode from the Ghost Nation’s point of view, it was so moving and also shed light on an important part of the puzzle. If you have NOWTV, it’s available to stream until the 25th July.
Read and awaiting review:
The Changeling by Victor LaValle
Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
Lily and the Octopus by Steven Rowley
A Canticle for Liebowitz by Walter M. Miller Jr
Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
Binti: Home by Nnedi Okorafor
Paper Girls volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan, Cliff Chiang + Matt Wilson
Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik
The Hunger by Alma Katsu