Hour 1: local time 13:00
Total pages read: 0
Hours spent reading: 0
Hours since last sleep: 7
Books finished: 0
Coffee count: 1
YAY! It’s Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon time again! This time I’ll be hosting a mini-challenge at Hour 18. I hope you are conscious enough to stop by and take part. I have been itching to start reading all morning. I really do envy those of you who get to start just after waking up.
I will probably only read 4 books but I like to have a selection. My top tip is to pick authors who have previously kept you up at night reading. Or really, really scary books. Of course, I reserve my right to grab a completely different book if I want to!
- Adorkable by Sarah Manning – wanted a light and fun YA contemp.
- The Echo by James Smythe – I always read his books in one sitting.
- Chimes at Midnight by Seanan McGuire – love this series, have been saving this for readathon!
- Seige and Storm by Leigh Bardugo – I’m now not sure I remember enough of book one to read this whilst half asleep so it may go to the bottom of the pile.
- The Elites by Natasha Ngan – all I know is it’s YA fantasy and everyone loves it.
- The One Plus One by Jojo Moyes – her other books have had me sobbing into the early hours, fingers crossed for this one.
- Maggot Moon by Sally Gardner – short and highly recommended.
I made my own sushi. They’re a bit messy and the rice isn’t perfect but they’re not bad for a first try. I also have homemade hummus, watermelon, pineapple and plenty of sliced gammon in the fridge for sandwiches. Plus pre-baked potatoes if I fancy something a bit more filling. On the unhealthy side, I have Pombears (both cheesy and bacon flavours) and wasabi peanut crackers which have become a bit of a readathon tradition for me.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Bournemouth, UK. I’ve already been outside for some daylight absorbtion and fresh air (one of the few plusses to starting later in the day). The heating will be on.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
The Echo by James Smythe (it only arrived yesterday). It’s a sequel. I love all his books. SQUEE!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I’m just looking forward to snacking on everything (see above). When I work from home I have to be careful not to constantly eat so it’s free rein for me today.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I test software for a living, which currently involves me staying at home watching telly most of the week. It’s a tough job, but someone’s gotta do it.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today?
Looking over my past updates, I didn’t do anything too awful last time! I’m not starting early though as I had things to do this morning. I didn’t get a lie in 🙁
Subscribe via Email
There are a gazillion new books out every year. You do not need to worry if you don't like cosy vampires. Some will be about other stuff.Follow
OMFG, they actually want infectious doctors and nurses going in and infecting vulnerable patients because staff abs… https://t.co/61pW4j5uh5Follow