Local time: 13:00
Hours spent reading: 19.5
Pages read since last update: 128
Total pages read: 1041
Books finished: 4
Currently Reading: The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
Books Read: Miss Marvel vol. 1 by G. Willow Wilson + Adrian Alphona, American Street by Ibi Zoboi, The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman and March: Book One by John Lewis
Well I really haven’t read much in the final stretch but I’m glad I got caught up with my Goodreads challenge. Thanks to everyone who’s drawn me a picture so far, there’s still time to enter as I’ll be picking the winner a bit later on.
Reading for the Trussell Trust
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? I was nearly nodding off at hour 9 (which was 9pm). Probably because for the first time ever I didn’t go to bed too early on Friday but I kind of forgot that Scully doesn’t do lie ins. So I was a bit tired all day.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a reader engaged for next year? I’m re-reading Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials books and I think they are great readathon fodder. The second book definitely kept me hooked and deterred me from giving in to an early night.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season? Nothing really apart from the website problems (which were probably out of the organisers’ control). I couldn’t see updates from hour 12 until about hour 20.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I think the social media party atmosphere is great. There’s always someone around (and it feels a bit chattier than the years when we relied on official cheerleaders).
5. How many books did you read? 4 and a bit
6. What were the names of the books you read? The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater, Miss Marvel vol. 1 by G. Willow Wilson + Adrian Alphona, American Street by Ibi Zoboi, The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman and March: Book One by John Lewis
7. Which book did you enjoy most? The Subtle Knife
8. Which did you enjoy least? The rest were pretty much equally great…probably struggling the most with The Dream Thieves but that’s only because it was the last book I picked up.
9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? VERY! Definitely reader, maybe challenge-hoster again and all-around nosy chops on bookstagram.
See you in October!
Subscribe via Email
I hadn't heard of The Conductors before, it sounds fantastic. #delreyshowcase is talking about the sequel now.Follow
Three words to describe The Last Graduate from Naomi... "don't hate me" 😱Follow